Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAmyloidosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 22, 2022
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

That can be just about anything. For me, age 71, I am managed well with blood pressure meds, occasional diuretic.
Since I have cardiac AMY, I know as the disease progresses, I’ll” swell more. In order to keep my left ankle/lower leg from swelling…i choice the non-med route: I walk 1/2 hour at a minimum of 5 days a week…avoid all salt…eat very little processed food…read my food labels and if the sodium is over 300, I pass on eating that item….I drink a minimum of 8 oz of water before bedtime…if I awake…I have more water by my bedside…

October 23, 2022
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

I was on fludrocortisone and that was the culprit of my swollen legs and feet. Switched meds and 100% better. Still have some slight swelling if I stand or sit too long.

February 15, 2023
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

Just coping as I Have not seen the specialist yet..

October 25, 2022
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

any solution to the problem? Or do you just have to cope with it?

October 24, 2022
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

I have really swollen feet, ankles and legs up to my knees. If I get the support hose on first thing it helps them. I drink water like mad - to no avail.. Oh and they ache

October 23, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Barnegat N.J

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In