That can be just about anything. For me, age 71, I am managed well with blood pressure meds, occasional diuretic.
Since I have cardiac AMY, I know as the disease progresses, I’ll” swell more. In order to keep my left ankle/lower leg from swelling…i choice the non-med route: I walk 1/2 hour at a minimum of 5 days a week…avoid all salt…eat very little processed food…read my food labels and if the sodium is over 300, I pass on eating that item….I drink a minimum of 8 oz of water before bedtime…if I awake…I have more water by my bedside…
I was on fludrocortisone and that was the culprit of my swollen legs and feet. Switched meds and 100% better. Still have some slight swelling if I stand or sit too long.
Just coping as I Have not seen the specialist yet..
any solution to the problem? Or do you just have to cope with it?
I have really swollen feet, ankles and legs up to my knees. If I get the support hose on first thing it helps them. I drink water like mad - to no avail.. Oh and they ache