I have Wild Type with no cardiac involvement however I have spinal stenosis and recently been diagnosed with Glaucoma. It has been brought under control with four different eye drops multiple times a day and constant blood shot eyes. Looks like I have been on a daily bender.
Thyretin is produced in an amount that is less than 5% of the amount produced in the body. Under 10% in the Choroid plexus of the brain, but about 85% is produced in the liver. So, yes, if your TTR tetrameric protein loses its covalent hydrogen atoms' bond, the disassociated protein in the eyes can cause issues with your vision.
It seems you're asking if amyloidosis can affect the eyes. Yes, amyloidosis can impact the eyes in various ways. It may cause symptoms like dry, irritated eyes, purple or blue skin around the eyes, or deposits in the conjunctiva (the membrane inside the eyelids). It can also affect the cornea, retina, or vitreous Show Full Answer