Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAmyloidosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nassau county, NY

And if you have, have you been able to drive again?

January 10, 2024
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

I had hypotension but not posural hypotension. So am not really answering your question. Thanks to 45mg/day midodrine for about 6 months, my bp is back in normal range. I do give myself a second or two after standing before stepping out, though.
Per my yesterday appointment with my heart doctor, I am free to decrease my Midodrine provided I keep my BP in the 96-115 zone. So I have dropped it from 45m/day to 35mg/day.
As of July 1, 2024, I am now down to 20 mg/day. As for driving, once I got off of hydrocodine I am driving again.

January 10, 2024 (edited)
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

I did.

January 10, 2024
MyAmyloidosisTeam

The context provided does not include specific information about individuals completely coming off their blood pressure medications for postural hypotension. It's important to consult with a healthcare provider for personalized medical advice regarding medication management.

 AI-generated responses are not a substitute for medical advice. These services are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any condition or disease. Always ask your doctor about specific health concerns.

hATTR Amyloidosis Treatments: Comparing Your Options | MyAmyloidosisTeam
How To Reduce Medical Bills: Top Financial Expert Shares 10 Tips | MyAmyloidosisTeam
July 8, 2024
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

You guys give me hope! When I was sent to the hospital in March of 22 with a heart rate of 35 and had a pacemaker put in. They put me on midodrine to boost my bp. I was on 60 mg a day as of now it’s 15. I know I’m a work in progress and have to have patience but that’s not my strong suit!

January 10, 2024
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member

Do you feel comfortable? I worry that my response time might be compromised. I’m still on 15 mg of midodrine so I have time to make decisions.

January 10, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nassau county, NY

A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nassau county, NY

A MyAmyloidosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nassau county, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In